Buying a property is one of the biggest financial decisions you’re ever going to make.
Striking out on your own is tough and just not a necessary way when buying a property in Gold Coast. A key part of success is obtaining experienced counsel. Your passage will be much calmer if you pull together a team of professionals who can guide you.
You would do well to seek advice from experienced conveyancers, finance brokers, buyer’s advocates, solicitors, accountants and depreciation experts.
It’s often preferable that these specialists be personally involved in property investing. In this way, they can better assist you in achieving property success.
When you surround yourself with advisors who are property-focused – who are investors themselves – the advice you obtain will be well suited to your unique position as a property investor.
A superior accountant will know the smartest way to find you more cash flow to support your property portfolio. An example of two such supporters are described below being an investment agent and solicitor.
Seek Professional Assistance
Investment agents are focused on your success – looking out for your interest in the market. A good agent can help in many ways, from making you money to helping you to explore new areas and in buying a property in Gold Coast. The agent can assist as follows:
- Help select the best property for your needs and strategy
- Help expose what the selling agent hasn’t
- Guide you through the buying process
- Introduce you to ideas and areas that you may not know
- Connect you with a trusted team
- Prepare detailed comparable market analysis on properties
- Prepare purchase offer
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Help close a deal
You will need to appoint a solicitor or conveyancer/legal representative to ensure the contract is in your best interest and does not contain any unsatisfactory terms. Their role is to:
- Facilitate council, strata and company title searches
- Arrange for the exchange of contracts
- Give advice on the property contract
- Order pest and building inspections
- Negotiate with the vendor’s solicitor on your behalf
- Arrange for the settlement process
- During the settlement period, they will deal with any difficulties that arise .
Key takeaways in Buying A Property
- Buying property isn’t something you should do alone – surround yourself with knowledge.
- Speak with a mortgage broker or lending specialist early on to assess your borrowing capacity.
- A buyers’ agent can view properties for you, and even bid for you on auction day.
- A real estate agent can help give insight into the local market.
- A surveyor and solicitor are also key people to have in your property buying corner.
- Ask for word of mouth recommendations from friends and family.
It is a good idea to ‘shop around’ for someone experienced, or feel free to call us for our recommendations.